Liberal Brave

Young Aboriginal man who is blogging his way through the Liberal party on behalf of his tribe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, July 07, 2006

Time to get Blogging!

Well I have had this Blogsite for a few months now and have yet to post anything interesting yet. So here it goes.

My name is Joshua Fraser (www.joshfraser.ca), I am the Vice-President (Youth) of the Aboriginal Peoples' Commission of the Liberal Party of Canada. I am also the Aboriginal Representative on national executive of the Young Liberals of Canada. I am also active in the Alberta Young Liberals, Liberal Party of Canada in Alberta, Calgary Centre Constituency Association, Alberta APC and Mount Royal College Liberal association. I have been active in the party since 1999 when then Finance Minister Paul Martin met with a bunch of us young Aboriginal students in Calgary. He inspired me to get involved and I did, I ran for local positions, then provincial and at the 2003 Liberal Leadership Convention I was elected the national Vice-President (Youth) for APC, which I ran again and won at the 2005 convention.

Obviously I was and still am a very big fan of Paul Martin, though in retrospect I recognize many of the mistakes made by his close circle of advisors or the board as they called them. I used to tell people not to blame Paul, but I guess when people make you aware of these problems and you keep these people around you, you are responsible. Though I still have a lot of respect for the man and acknowledge that he was the best Prime Minister the Aboriginal (First Nation, Metis and Inuit) could ask for. He truly believed in helping Aboriginal people gain a more equal place in our society. He was a great friend to my people and we will always acknowledge his contributions.

I am now a proud supporter of Scott Brison and I am working with him to build the new generation of leaders in the Liberal party. I also like Ignateiff, Dion and Dryden respectively.