Liberal Brave

Young Aboriginal man who is blogging his way through the Liberal party on behalf of his tribe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, August 18, 2006

I was born a Liberal, I just came out a few years ago

'I was born a Liberal, I just came out a few years ago,' says Brison
2006-08-14Scott Brison has been called the dark horse of the Liberal leadership race, but then again he doesn't care much for being the front-runner.

http://www.scottbrison.ca/campaign-news-details_e.php?pid=48&year=2006

(On a funny side note, I was part of the Mount Royal College Liberal Association in 2003, at the 2003 Liberal Leadership Convention our humble campus club one the 'YLC Campus Club of the Year award', which goes back many generations of young liberals. Here we were a small but active campus club in a college in Calgary, and we beat out all these much larger university campus clubs to take the award back to the college. I remember when I accepted the award on behalf of MRCLA presented by Paul Martin. My short speech, was "in Calgary, it's sometimes hard to be a Liberal, I used to be a closet-Liberal, but I am now very proud to say I am a Liberal." Scott Brison has a bright future in our party...